A form of alternative dispute resolution, a dynamic, structured, interactive process, the path to a peaceful settlement of disputes, in which a neutral and impartial expert facilitates dialogue between the parties in order to reach a mutual agreement. Mediation help avoiding the resentment of the relationship and also a delayed and unpleasant litigation procedure.
When is it appropriate to use mediation?
- If the parties are in a situation of conflict (conflict of interest), unable to discuss their issues calmly and they are also unable to leave their grievances behind.
- If the parties intend to keep a good relationship, but at the very moment they are incapable of cooperation and having an appropriate-tone dialogue.
- If you want to resolve your dispute quickly, efficiently and cost-effectively, preserving your human dignity in the meantime.
Why is mediation effective?
Mediation does not seek to decide who is innocent and who is at fault, who is right and who is not. It does not focus on the negatives of the past, but concentrate on values, solution, future. The purpose of mediation is to find mutual benefits and acceptable compromises between the parties.
Benefits of mediation:
- Cost savings, relatively cheap and fast.
- Volunteer - therefore it's less stressful!
- Volunteer - that's why parties abide the agreement!
- Discreet (no public hearing, the mediator is bound by confidentiality).
- Fair and square relationship remains between the parties.
- Nothing to lose! If parties fail, they can choose another way to resolve.